About Our Council
Thanks to the efforts of Father Michael J. McGivney, assistant pastor of St. Mary’s Church in New Haven, CT and some of his parishioners, the Connecticut state legislature on March 29, 1882, officially chartered the Knights of Columbus as a fraternal benefit society. Throughout its history, the Knights of Columbus has been an effective advocate and defender of civil and religious rights for all. The organization has also contributed billions of dollars and millions of hours of volunteer service to charity worldwide.
Council 7447 has carried out the principals of charity started by Fr. McGivney by serving the Saint Catherine of Siena parish and Maury County, Tennessee community for 35 years. Since 1979, the “Brother Knights” of Council 7447 have contributed over 100,000 hours of service and thousands of dollars to the Church and community.